Planner Key User (polypropylene)
Nr ref. R/35/2020/POLY
The Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Planner creates and maintains mid/long term forecast models incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, and other sources. Planner will be the integration point between Sales – Production – Logistic – Customer Service.
ACTIVITIES AND TASK-DETAILED:
- Preparation of Planner Team operating procedures along with Customer Service Key User (all IT systems and rules).
- Preparation of job instruction for Planner Team and training a new staff in procedures, IT systems, etc.
- Getting to know ISO standards.
- Active participation in the process of selecting and implementing SAP System will ultimately become a key user of these processes.
- Subject matter expert on the Demand Planning software and champions all integration, training and update activities associated with the software.
- Develops demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Reviews historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinates cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interacts with sales and marketing to understand demand forecast drivers, delivers reports to business part of Commercial Team.
- Utilizes a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales and Marketing to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Uses and maintains the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provides input such as sales volatility and seasonal trends to the Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product rationalization.
- Creates statistical forecasts by gathering, analyzing and validating data sales data
- Reviews sales plans, long range business plan, annual budget updates and demand drivers.
- Achieves consensus on the unconstrained demand forecast by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales and marketing personnel.
- Facilitates and manage demand planning meetings.
- Prepares and maintains relevant reports and key performance indicators pertaining to the demand planning process.
- Refines systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer.
- Manage the relevant product offtake of assigned products and ensure product offtake can achieve maximum volume level on weekly basis.
- Lead the monthly demand planning process, from business perspective, and ensure product distribution can achieve maximum weekly sales offtake.
- Understand product groups segment performance (including pricing) vs. external benchmarks. Identify actions and set the direction / leadership to close gaps where appropriate.
- Provide weekly business report on relevant products as required and report polyolefins market intelligence on regular basis.
- Drives the Planning Process on relevant products to support the Annual Business Plan or Budget processes.
- Work with site other departments to forecast schedule shut down plan.
- Monitoring actual sales compared with statistical sales forecast.
- Off-spec and slow moving items treatment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Knowledge of SAP or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
- Understand the quality policy, objectives, related job responsibilities and the impact of quality problems on relevant parties;
- Understanding of environmental policy and objectives, work-related environmental factors and laws and regulations, and the impact and consequences of environmental problems on the environment.
- Bachelor degree required (Engineering preferred) – or minimum 15 years’ of relevant planning experience. Product management experience preferred.
- Supply and demand planning software, SAP and BW/BO experience preferred, Ms Office (Excel).
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management certification preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience involving manufacturing and/or commercial experience, business planning and analysis, supply chain, business management or sales in plastics, polypropylene preferred.
- Knowledge of CRM system usage.
- Excellent communication skills across functional areas to ensure understanding, alignment and synchronization of the demand plan.
- Highly motivated with strong problem solving skills to influence and impact decisions, with minimal direct supervision.
- Incorporate systemic thinking into the detailed responsibilities associated with demand planning, understanding and utilizing impacts and opportunities across the entire system.
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office spreadsheets and graphics.
- This position requires strong analytical, evaluation, organizational and decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good facilitation skills are required.
- Fluent in written and spoken English language skills
- Work on an interesting investment project, which is currently the largest industrial investment in Poland.
- Non-wage benefits (e.g. training, medical care, sport card, group insurance, co-financing for rest).
- Quarterly bonus system.
- A chance for development and promotion in the organization's structures.